123

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Sunday Afternoon

Today was another one of those days where you feel edified and renewed. General Conference was absolutely amazing! Elder Uchtdorf was awesome!! After conference we had dinner with my parents. They are so good to us. We went on a nice walk. It felt perfect. My mom thought it was cold though. It was nice talking to my mom. We don't get that time very often, with her working all the time lately. My mom and I can talk about anything and everything. She is an example to me of true kindness. She gives me lots of coupons too. ;) My dad is doing great, still building his model airplanes. He is now too old to fly the real ones, so he is content with making the smaller version. I still remember those days when he would fly us around in those small planes to visit relatives. He got his Pilot's license @ 16. I think....maybe it was 14 or 18 I can't really remember. I know it was very young. His birthday is in 2 days. He will be 69 yrs. old. That is so hard to believe. He acts like he is 45! I love my dad. Now I am going to log into work and pick up some overtime that they are offering. Until next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Sam, I love to read your blog. You amaze me. I am really learning how to enjoy the simple things in life from you. Thank you for giving me that perspective. I am so glad we have become friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete