123

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good Friends and Good Food

Yesterday was a blast. Mindy and I went to lunch @ Zinn bistro. If you haven't heard of it, it is this really cool place on the east side. It's about 2020 east and 33rd so. They have turned this really old house into a quaint little bistro. It is totally girlie and fun. I have to say the food was great too! So, I tell Mindy...I will pick you up at 10:45am because it is only open for a few hours, and we want to get there early. So there is one thing I failed to mention. I can't drive and talk at the same time. I totally missed the Higland drive turn off, I thought to myself yeah Sam "just act like to know how to get there" when the truth of the matter is I was lost. We turned north west east south, I had no idea where I was. At one point Mindy picked up the address and started to help me. She said I needed to turn around. I was sure we were headed East. I mean afterall those big mountains scream Eastside. I quickly learned my mistake. The thing about good friends is you can both laugh together at your mistakes. Okay so back to the story. We finally showed up after 45 minutes of driving. I though we would've gotten there 30 min after they opened. We pull up and we were there 5 min early. I couldn't have planned it better! ; )

So after lunch I had to make a decision, laundry or shopping....Shopping won. I went over to Walgreens and bought 3 tubes of toothpaste. It was on register rewards. So the toothpaste was 3.49 a tube sounds like alot right...well when you purchase it at the register you get a recipt for $3.49 to use on your next store purchase. Even better I had a $0.75 coupon So I actually paid 2.99 after taxes and got back 3.49. I again left the store almost feeling guilty. So after I left I had $10.50 in my pocket. I can't wait to go to Albertsons today for more deals!!!

Today the kids get out of school early and then they are off the next few days. I am excited because this weekend we are going to the cabin. Hopefully, One more day of snowmobiling. It will be nice spending time with Jason's family. I absolutely love his sister Julie! I look up to her. She is so awesome! Until later.....

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I didn't know you guys had a cabin to go up to and snowmobile. And I just LOVE Zinn Bistro! My mom takes me there.... love it! And also, you amaze me with your shopping deals, you need to teach me how to get in on some of that!

    ReplyDelete