123

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cows and Pigs and Chickens oh my!

Hey Ya'll! Today has been an exciting and busy day for us around here. Tyson and Nat had friends over to play...then they got spoiled and were invited to play with more friends. I went shopping for our trip to the cabin and got some Easter stuff @ Children's Place. I came home with dinner in between my 2 trips. I had this conversation with a friend recently but I have found that it is so me! So I am at the store for over an hour shopping for food, instead of doing the logical thing and going home and cooking it, I decide that it would be easier to pick something up on the way home for dinner. Some days I just don't feel like cooking. I even firgot..he he..forgot to buy the bacon for the breakfast we are cooking for on Saturday. We were sitting together @ the dinner table eating our McDonalds. DON'T LIE! You know you like it too! when all of a sudden Tyson started gagging. I was thinking oh great there goes his dinner and my appetite. He felt something crunchy in his cheeseburger. I told him it was just the bones. He ran over to the garbage can and grossed all of us out! Tyson inherited some of his dad's weirdnessess. They can't have any condiments on their food, no vegies or fruit. I am suprised they make it day to day. Tyson is actually worse. Besides his peanut butter and honey sandwiches I can't think of 1 thing he likes. Okay candy doesn't count! I was blending vegies and fruits and cooking them in with his food secretly. It worked. I even convinced him that the spaghetti squash was actually spaghetti. I did put lots of parmesan and sauce over it. He had 3rds! I always go off on these tangents....that seems to be how my brain works. It's all over the place. Okay so when he is done dry heaving and gagging over the garbage can he assures us he is okay and that it was just a burp. Nasty burp! So I just had to tease him. One night about 2 weeks ago we had a conversation about how our kids don't like meat. I asked Ty "Do you like bacon?" He said yes. I proceeded to tell him what bacon was and he just about gagged thinking about it. We also like to tease him about cows and beef. I guess we're not that nice of parents after all. He was asking if I bought sausage for the trip and I told him no...but sausage was...pig he quickly stopped me and said I know mom. He even gags over chicken. Chicken has no flavor. Oh well, I guess my child will never appreciate a great Sirloin Steak. Maybe he will eventually turn vegetarian, wait he doesn't eat vegies either. Flax seed meal works great for now and he doesn't even know about it! I should give him a little bit of credit. He will eat celery of all things. Weird child of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment