123

Thursday, April 30, 2009











Natalie's B-day is coming up on Sunday and when we asked her what she wanted for her birthday she didn't really care. We knew she wanted to get her ears pierced. So today I surprised her and took her to the mall to get them done. All the way there she was giddy and had a perma grin on her face. She was so brave. She sat up nice and tall in the chair....no more smiles though. I could see doubt in her eyes, but she still wanted to do this. She sat still long enough for me to take a picture, then I hugged her and .... Okay so she really had second thoughts after the first one was done. I don't think she wanted to finish. I said lets get it over with before you really start thinking about it. So one more tight hug and she was done. She cried for a while, then we got ice cream. Something about ice cream helps sooth the pain. I am so proud of her. She made her own decision. My little girl is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Poor sweet girl! I did Romy's when she was 3 months old so I could skip this hard part of being a mom!

    ReplyDelete